HC dismisses petition of Jaya`s estranged aide
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday
dismissed the petition concerning the translation process
filed by Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide and an accused in
the disproportionate assets case filed against Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
Upholding the trial court order on the petition, Justice
N Ananda held that there need not be any "interference" with
the lower court order and dismissed it.
The court said the trial judge had held that the
interpreter was directed to continue his services and he
would interpret the questions to be put to Sasikala, from
English to Tamil and answers to be given by her in Tamil to
English, during recording of the statement.
"No interference is needed. The petition is hereby
dismissed", the judge said.
On December 16, Sasikala`s counsel, Thulasi had filed the
criminal petition seeking translated versions of questions
framed by the court to be kept ready in Tamil.
Subsequently on December 19, when the petition came up for
hearing in High Court, Justice of BV Pinto granted six weeks
stay on the proceedings against Sasikala in the Special Court.
The case relates to accumulation of wealth allegedly
disproportionate to her known sources of income by
Jayalalithaa when she was CM in 1991-96.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow