HC dismisses petition of Jaya`s estranged aide
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday
dismissed the petition concerning the translation process
filed by Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide and an accused in
the disproportionate assets case filed against Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
Upholding the trial court order on the petition, Justice
N Ananda held that there need not be any "interference" with
the lower court order and dismissed it.
The court said the trial judge had held that the
interpreter was directed to continue his services and he
would interpret the questions to be put to Sasikala, from
English to Tamil and answers to be given by her in Tamil to
English, during recording of the statement.
"No interference is needed. The petition is hereby
dismissed", the judge said.
On December 16, Sasikala`s counsel, Thulasi had filed the
criminal petition seeking translated versions of questions
framed by the court to be kept ready in Tamil.
Subsequently on December 19, when the petition came up for
hearing in High Court, Justice of BV Pinto granted six weeks
stay on the proceedings against Sasikala in the Special Court.
The case relates to accumulation of wealth allegedly
disproportionate to her known sources of income by
Jayalalithaa when she was CM in 1991-96.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?