HC dismisses PIL against Narayanasamy
Madurai: The Madras High Court has dismissed a PIL seeking to direct police to register an FIR against Union Minister V Narayanasamy for his alleged remarks against slain LTTE Chief Velupillai Prabhakaran and `Naam Tamilar` party president Seeman.
A division bench of justices N Paul Vasantha Kumar and P Devadass dismissed the petition observing that the alleged statement was made in Madurantakam, which fell under the Madras High Court`s jurisdiction and not under the jurisdiction of its bench here.
The judges also declined the request of the petitioner?s counsel to transfer the case to the Madras High Court.
The petitioner, C Ramesh, an advocate, submitted that the Union Minister had allegedly made derogatory comments against Prabhakaran and Seeman during a meeting at Puducherry in April.
He sought action against the minister under Section 153(A) of the IPC (promoting enmity between different groups).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’