HC grants bail to actress Leena Maria Paul
Chennai: Madras High Court on Friday granted conditional bail to actress Leena Maria Paul arrested in connection with Rs 12 crore fraud case.
Justice B. Rajendran directed the actress to deposit her passport in the a magistrate court, execute a personal bond for Rs 2 lakh besides executing two sureties for Rs one lakh each.
Leena Maria Paul was arrested on May 29, even as her boyfriend Sukash Chandrasekhar gave the slip to police.
However Sukash was arrested by the Delhi police in Kolkatta last week and later brought to the city.
Sukash was wanted by the Chennai police in connection with a case registered in 2010. He is accused of siphoning off Rs 5 lakh from two people in the city. He is also accused of cheating a businessman of over Rs 12 crore.
There are nearly 50 cases filed against him in Tamil Nadu and other states.
Sukesh, a native of Bangalore, poses as a relative of leading politicians and cheats gullible people promising them government contracts and property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued