HC notice on plea against school fee structure
Chennai: A petition was filed in the Madras High Court on Wednesday seeking to quash a Private Schools Fee Determination Committee order which fixed the fee structure for the school for three academic years from 2012-13.
Lily D`Souza, Correspondent (administrator) of Rosary Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Santhome, prayed for a direction to quash the Fee Determination Committee`s September 26 order and to direct authorities to permit the school to follow the the fee structure, it had proposed for academic years 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15.
She contended that the impugned order was "erraneous" and had not taken into consideration the provisions u/s 6 (1) and Rule 3 of the relevant act and was in contradictory to certain orders of the Supreme Court.
A Division Bench, comprising, Justices R Banumathi and K K Sasidharan ordered notice to School Education Secretary and the Fee Determination Committee and posted the matter for January 23, 2013.
The state government had enacted `Tamil Nadu Schools (Regulations of Colelction of Fees) Rules, 2009` for regulating the fee structure for un-aided schools, including matriculation schools, recognised and governed by any law or code of regulation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'