HC notice on plea against school fee structure
Chennai: A petition was filed in the Madras High Court on Wednesday seeking to quash a Private Schools Fee Determination Committee order which fixed the fee structure for the school for three academic years from 2012-13.
Lily D`Souza, Correspondent (administrator) of Rosary Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Santhome, prayed for a direction to quash the Fee Determination Committee`s September 26 order and to direct authorities to permit the school to follow the the fee structure, it had proposed for academic years 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15.
She contended that the impugned order was "erraneous" and had not taken into consideration the provisions u/s 6 (1) and Rule 3 of the relevant act and was in contradictory to certain orders of the Supreme Court.
A Division Bench, comprising, Justices R Banumathi and K K Sasidharan ordered notice to School Education Secretary and the Fee Determination Committee and posted the matter for January 23, 2013.
The state government had enacted `Tamil Nadu Schools (Regulations of Colelction of Fees) Rules, 2009` for regulating the fee structure for un-aided schools, including matriculation schools, recognised and governed by any law or code of regulation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video