HC notice on plea against school fee structure
Chennai: A petition was filed in the Madras High Court on Wednesday seeking to quash a Private Schools Fee Determination Committee order which fixed the fee structure for the school for three academic years from 2012-13.
Lily D`Souza, Correspondent (administrator) of Rosary Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Santhome, prayed for a direction to quash the Fee Determination Committee`s September 26 order and to direct authorities to permit the school to follow the the fee structure, it had proposed for academic years 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15.
She contended that the impugned order was "erraneous" and had not taken into consideration the provisions u/s 6 (1) and Rule 3 of the relevant act and was in contradictory to certain orders of the Supreme Court.
A Division Bench, comprising, Justices R Banumathi and K K Sasidharan ordered notice to School Education Secretary and the Fee Determination Committee and posted the matter for January 23, 2013.
The state government had enacted `Tamil Nadu Schools (Regulations of Colelction of Fees) Rules, 2009` for regulating the fee structure for un-aided schools, including matriculation schools, recognised and governed by any law or code of regulation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day