HC notice to Govt for not withdrawing cases against anti-nuke agitators
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday ordered issue of notice to Tamil Nadu Government, asking why steps were not taken to withdraw cases filed against anti-nuclear activists protesting against Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project.
First Bench, comprising Acting Chief Justice Rajesh Kumar Agrawal and Justice M Sathyanarayanan, ordered notice to the state government and sought reply within three weeks.
The notice was issued on a petition which sought a direction to the state government to withdraw all criminal cases filed against anti nuclear activists, who have been protesting against the Indo-Russian project in Tirunelveli District.
The petition referred to the Supreme Court`s direction to the state government to withdraw all criminal cases against the protestors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan