HC orders fresh probe in case involving forged signature of Shiela Dikshit
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Friday ordered the poilce here to reopen a complaint that a city-based financier was cheated Rs 62 lakh by two persons who produced papers with forged signatures of the then Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and fake seals of central government to support their claim of being awarded a government project.
Justice K B K Vasuki, before whom a petition by the finance firm came up for admission, said since the complaint showed serious allegations it required to be probed afresh.
Though the authorities say an inquiry was conducted and the complaint closed, the report produced before the court reveals that no due inquiry was conducted into the serious allegations raised herein, she said in her order.
Petitioner Galada Finance submitted that it gave Rs 62 lakh in five instalments to one Rishabraj Challani and Sheila Raju, who claimed that they had bagged the Centre`s contract for Mudrarika project meant for promoting handicraft in the country in May 2010.
The company`s counsel Abbudu Kumar Rajarathinam said they also furnished a signed document containing the then Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s signature and seals of government of India every time the loan was released.
When the duo failed to repay the amount, he lodged a complaint with the central crime branch pointing out forgery, cheating and threat issued to him by the duo.
As no FIR was registered by the City Crime Branch, he filed the present petition.
The Judge said this court is inclined to direct the respondent-officials to reopen the case and deal with the complaint in a manner known to law and in the light of the directions issued by the Supreme Court in the Lalita Kumari case.
The apex court ruling mandates police to register an FIR if the complaint reveals commission of any cognizable offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble