HC orders issue of notices to TN Home Secy, DGP
Madurai: The Madras High Court has ordered issue of notices to Tamil Nadu Home Secretary and Director General of Police on a petition seeking to appoint an officer in the rank of Superintendent of Police to monitor the murder case registered against former Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Inbathamizhan and others.
Madurai bench Justice B Rajendran in his order yesterday also directed the government counsel to obtain instructions from the two officials by February 26.
The petitioner Sundari Annadurai Selvan, widow of the murder victim Annadurai Selvan, in her petition accused the Srivilliputtur Town Police of colluding with the accused and trying to help him escape from the clutches of law.
She contended that hat her husband, a DMK functionary, was murdered on January 27, 2007, due to political motives. Police booked a case against 11 persons, including Inbathamizhan (AIADMK), who was a Minister during 2001-2006.
The petititoner said she feared that the case might not be handled impartially as Inbathamizhan had close association with subordinate officials.
The case was transferred from a court in Virudhunagar district to the Principal Sessions Court in Madurai last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today