HC orders issue of notices to TN Home Secy, DGP
Madurai: The Madras High Court has ordered issue of notices to Tamil Nadu Home Secretary and Director General of Police on a petition seeking to appoint an officer in the rank of Superintendent of Police to monitor the murder case registered against former Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Inbathamizhan and others.
Madurai bench Justice B Rajendran in his order yesterday also directed the government counsel to obtain instructions from the two officials by February 26.
The petitioner Sundari Annadurai Selvan, widow of the murder victim Annadurai Selvan, in her petition accused the Srivilliputtur Town Police of colluding with the accused and trying to help him escape from the clutches of law.
She contended that hat her husband, a DMK functionary, was murdered on January 27, 2007, due to political motives. Police booked a case against 11 persons, including Inbathamizhan (AIADMK), who was a Minister during 2001-2006.
The petititoner said she feared that the case might not be handled impartially as Inbathamizhan had close association with subordinate officials.
The case was transferred from a court in Virudhunagar district to the Principal Sessions Court in Madurai last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery