HC quashes intimidation cases against Kalanithi Maran
Chennai: The Madras High Court Monday quashed two criminal intimidation cases against media baron and SUN TV Chairman Kalanithi Maran and three others.
Quashing the cases registered by the Central Crime Branch police on two complaints, Justice A Arumughaswamy held "I am of the view that there is no proof or truth in the complaints."
Complainant Sakthi Chidambaram, a film distributor, had alleged that he was intimidated by the accused over a business deal for a Tamil film `Kavalan` when he sought Rs 6.75 crore due to him.
One Naresh Babu had filed a similar complaint alleging he was intimidated.
Allowing petitions by Maran and others, the Judge said the matter was civil in nature and the accused need not be compelled to undergo ordeal of trial on the basis of such a `vague` complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok