HC quashes intimidation cases against Kalanithi Maran
Chennai: The Madras High Court Monday quashed two criminal intimidation cases against media baron and SUN TV Chairman Kalanithi Maran and three others.
Quashing the cases registered by the Central Crime Branch police on two complaints, Justice A Arumughaswamy held "I am of the view that there is no proof or truth in the complaints."
Complainant Sakthi Chidambaram, a film distributor, had alleged that he was intimidated by the accused over a business deal for a Tamil film `Kavalan` when he sought Rs 6.75 crore due to him.
One Naresh Babu had filed a similar complaint alleging he was intimidated.
Allowing petitions by Maran and others, the Judge said the matter was civil in nature and the accused need not be compelled to undergo ordeal of trial on the basis of such a `vague` complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional