HC quashes intimidation cases against Kalanithi Maran
Chennai: The Madras High Court Monday quashed two criminal intimidation cases against media baron and SUN TV Chairman Kalanithi Maran and three others.
Quashing the cases registered by the Central Crime Branch police on two complaints, Justice A Arumughaswamy held "I am of the view that there is no proof or truth in the complaints."
Complainant Sakthi Chidambaram, a film distributor, had alleged that he was intimidated by the accused over a business deal for a Tamil film `Kavalan` when he sought Rs 6.75 crore due to him.
One Naresh Babu had filed a similar complaint alleging he was intimidated.
Allowing petitions by Maran and others, the Judge said the matter was civil in nature and the accused need not be compelled to undergo ordeal of trial on the basis of such a `vague` complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO