HC quashes intimidation cases against Kalanithi Maran
Chennai: The Madras High Court Monday quashed two criminal intimidation cases against media baron and SUN TV Chairman Kalanithi Maran and three others.
Quashing the cases registered by the Central Crime Branch police on two complaints, Justice A Arumughaswamy held "I am of the view that there is no proof or truth in the complaints."
Complainant Sakthi Chidambaram, a film distributor, had alleged that he was intimidated by the accused over a business deal for a Tamil film `Kavalan` when he sought Rs 6.75 crore due to him.
One Naresh Babu had filed a similar complaint alleging he was intimidated.
Allowing petitions by Maran and others, the Judge said the matter was civil in nature and the accused need not be compelled to undergo ordeal of trial on the basis of such a `vague` complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam