HC quashes proceedings against Sun Pictures COO
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday quashed
criminal proceedings against Sun Pictures Chief Operating
Officer Hansraj Saxena in respect of four FIRs registered by
different police stations in the city.
In his order on petitions by Saxena, Justice T Sudanthiram
noted the submissions made by the complainants that their
differences pertained to business transactions and had been
settled between them.
Even a perusal of the FIRs, registered by the Foreshore
Estate, Virugambakkam, Nungambakkam and Kodambakkam police
stations, showed that they were merely money disputes between
Considering the ratio laid down by the Supreme Court, the
Judge said that he was allowing the petitions and quashing the
proceedings against Saxena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 6.4 magnitude undersea quake rocks Fiji
- China pushes `patriotic` tours in South China Sea: Report
- `Inexcusable errors` by Australia TV crew in Beirut kidnap
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today