HC refuses to quash proceedings against former top cop`s wife
Chennai: Madras High Court has refused to quash proceedings against a former senior police official`s wife in connection with a land fraud case, being investigated by the Central Crime Branch of city police.
Petitioner T Subbulakshmi, wife of former ADGP Thukkaiandi sought a direction to quash proceedings pending before Inspector, Central Crime Branch, Team XVI, Egmore.
In his September 8 2008 complaint, one Rajaiah submitted he had entered into an agreement with one S Ravi, reportedly power of agent of Chandaresh Kampani,son of one M K N Kampani, for purchasing 12,000 square foot vacant plot in Sholinganallur, for Rs 30 lakh.
After the agreement was executed, Rajaiah applied for incumbency certificate and while doing so, came to know that Kampani and his wife had executed power of attorney in favour of one Dhanalakshmi on April 12, 2007, who in turn executed a sale in favour of petitioner Subbulakshmi.
Contending that Dhanalakshmi and Subbulakshmi played fraud and forged documents, Rajaiah preferred to file a complaint.
After hearing arguments of counsel for petitioner and others, the judge observed that Kampani had died in 1997 and he had not executed the power of attorney in favour of Dhanalakshmi in 2007.
"Therefore, the court is of the view that prima facie a case has been made against the petitioner and the court cannot stall the investigation and the same has to be proceeded with," Justice A Arumughaswamy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown