HC relief to Alagiri`s son in granite scam
Madurai: Relaxing the bail conditions of former union minister M K Alagiri`s son M K Durai Dayanidhi, an accused in the multi-crore granite scam, the Madras High Court Bench here on Friday directed a lower court to return his passport.
Allowing a petition by Dayanidhi who sought return of the passport to enable him undertake foreign trips in connection with his business, Justice KBK Vasuki directed the Melur Judicial Magistrate Court to return the passport on furnishing a bond of Rs 2 lakh.
Dayanidhi should produce the passport as and when required by the Judicial Magistrate court and also inform it about his trips abroad ten days in advance, the Judge ordered.
He was granted anticipatory bail by the court on December 10, 2012 which had then ordered for impounding his passport and directed him to appear before police whenever required.
Dayanidhi had moved the High Court to modify the bail conditions and return of passport.
Cases had been registered against him for alleged offences under Mines and Minerals Act and Explosive Substances Act in connection with multi-crore illegal granite quarrying at Melur near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof