HC reserves orders on plea regarding public meeting of Modi
Chennai: Madras High Court on Friday reserved orders on a petition seeking a direction to DGP, and Superintendent of Police,Kancheepuram not to grant permission for a public meeting on February 8 in which the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is going to participate.
On a petition filed by one Gowthama Sannah, the First Bench, comprising Chief Justice R.K.Agrawal and Justice K.Ravichandra Babu after hearing the arguments of counsel for the petitioner, said it was reserving its orders.
The petitioner alleged that Modi`s conduct and activity in the recent past was detrimental to the interest of general public not only in Tamil Nadu but all over the country.
BJP and its Prime Ministerial candidate are convening public meetings and rallies for which police were taking activists of other political parties into preventive custody on suspicion thereby infringing on the fundamental right of the people.
The petitioner said BJP was going to hold the meeting at Vandalur and the area being thickly populated, there is likelihood of breach of peace and law and order problem maybe created.
The petitioner said he has already given representation to the authorities concerned not to give permission to hold the meeting at Vandalur but he has not received any response and hence he moved the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery