HCP filed in Madras HC
Chennai: A Habeas Corpus petition has been filed
in the Madras High Court seeking a direction to police to
produce a 25-year-old man detained as a remand prisoner in
Coimbatore central prison.
When the HCP came up, a Division Bench of Justices
C Nagappan and T Sudanthiram directed police to file a counter
affidavit by December 15.
The petitioner, S Murugeswari of Sangunipalayam in
Tirupur submitted that her sons Purushothaman and Subash
Chandra Bose, who were working in a garment manufacturing
factory in Tirupur, had left for work on November 12 last and
had not returned home.
The next morning, she said,the Inspector of Malayampalayam
police station had informed her that her sons had fallen down
from a motorcycle and had been admitted to the government
hospital at Erode for treatment.
Later, the police told her that Bose was dead.
At the hospital, she claimed that she found Purushothaman`s
hands and legs in chains.There were also bleeding injuries all
over his body, she said, adding, this had led her to have
serious doubts about the cause of the death of her other son.
She said that on November 19 Purushothaman was
produced before the Perundurai Judicial Magistrate and
remanded in a case registered by the police.
The police, she submitted, had not informed her about
her son`s arrest and detention.
The petition also sought a direction to the authorities
concerned to provide him proper medical treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20