Headmaster suspended for sexually torturing woman teacher
Kumbakonam: The headmaster of a panchayat school in Tukkachi village has been suspended for allegedly sexually torturing a woman teacher, who later tried to commit suicide by consuming poison, police said.
They said the man refused to receive the suspension order on Friday, forcing education department officials to paste it on the door of his house.
The woman teacher, in hospital since July 18 after she tried to commit suicide, told officials she had tried to take the extreme step as she was unable to bear the humiliation and torture any longer.
Villagers who came to know of the incident picketed the school on July 23 and demanded that the headmaster be transferred.
A departmental inquiry was held and the headmaster was found guilty of the charges.
A written statement was obtained from the teachers, after which education department officials ordered his suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday