High pass percentage due to `samacheer kalvi`, says Stalin
Madurai: Senior DMK leader MK Stalin on Saturday attributed high pass percentage in the Plus Two board exam to the "samacheer kalvi" (uniform system of education) introduced by the previous Karunanidhi Government.
The former deputy chief minister made the claim while distributing prizes to toppers in class X and Plus Two at a function organised by the local youth wing unit of DMK here.
He maintained the DMK worked for the society especially weaker sections whether it was in power or in opposition.
He said the DMK has donated Rs 95 lakh towards the relief works in rain-hit Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister