Hit-and-run victim donates eyes before end
Thiruvananthapuram: In a noble gesture, a 19-year-old youth, brought in a critical condition after being knocked down by a car, donated his eyes before breathing his last at the Medical College Hospital here.
It was when he briefly regained consciousness that Mobin told doctors yesterday that he wished to donate his organs to benefit others. But except his eyes, other vital organs had been damaged due to injuries he suffered, MCH sources said.
Mobin, who was riding his motorcycle was hit by a car and thrown on the road. The driver of the car fled the spot without taking him to hospital.
Profusely bleeding, Mobin was rushed to Medical College Hospital by passers-by.
Mobin, a student of Industrial Training Centre and a social activist, narrated his plight to doctors when he regained consciousness for a brief after he was subjected to an emergency operation.
Hailing from a family of modest means, Mobin raised part of his educational expenses by working in a local catering unit. He met with the misfortune while on his way to the catering unit.
According to police, the vehicle that hit the victim is yet to be tracked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch