Hoax call sparks security fear at Chennai central
Chennai: Security has been stepped up at the Central railway station here in the wake of a hoax bomb call made to a Chennai-bound train on Tuesday, police said.
A five-layered security ring has been given to the busy railway station, from where trains are operated to various parts of the country, police added.
Accordingly, baggage of passengers are being scanned even as mobile scanning units besides sniffer dogs have been pressed into service, they said.
A total of 320 personnel are on duty in a particular shift, they said, adding security had been stepped up after the Chennai-bound Vaigai Express was detained at Tiruchirappalli for nearly two hours for checking by security personnel.
An anonymous caller had warned of a bomb in the train which turned out to be a hoax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
- J&K unrest: Kashmiris are not stone-pelters, only few are disturbing peace, says Mehbooba Mufti