Homage paid to TN school fire tragedy victims
Kumbakonam (TN): Homage was paid to the 94
children who perished in a major fire at a primary school here
on the occasion of the six anniversary of the tragedy today.
Cooperation Minister Ko Si Mani led a large number of
people, including parents of the victims, leaders of political
parties, local officials in paying floral tributes at the
memorial and the Sri Krishna School.
A major fire swept through the Sri Krishna School on July
16, 2004 charring to death 94 young children and injuring
several others, bringing to fore lack of safety measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen