Homosexuality issue: Gowda endorses BJP`s view
Tiruchirapalli : JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda on Friday endorsed BJP`s view that the Centre should convene an all-party meeting to discuss the Supreme Court verdict on the gay rights issue.
Talking to reporters at Srirangam in the district, Gowda, who was here to attend a convention organised by Kamaraj Foundation, said the Centre should not take a unilateral decision to reverse the Supreme Court`s verdict.
To a question on the outcome of the recent Assembly polls, he said people had rejected the Congress. It was also an indication that the people did not want Congress to be in power again at the Centre, he said.
The former Prime Minister said he felt that a third front in the country was not feasible unless parties aspiring for that draft a common economic and foreign affairs policy.
He said even within few months of its formation, the Aam Aadmi Party created a new political culture in the country.
He said AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was eligible to become the Prime Minister, adding, his blessings and support would always be there for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city