Homosexuality issue: Gowda endorses BJP`s view
Tiruchirapalli : JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda on Friday endorsed BJP`s view that the Centre should convene an all-party meeting to discuss the Supreme Court verdict on the gay rights issue.
Talking to reporters at Srirangam in the district, Gowda, who was here to attend a convention organised by Kamaraj Foundation, said the Centre should not take a unilateral decision to reverse the Supreme Court`s verdict.
To a question on the outcome of the recent Assembly polls, he said people had rejected the Congress. It was also an indication that the people did not want Congress to be in power again at the Centre, he said.
The former Prime Minister said he felt that a third front in the country was not feasible unless parties aspiring for that draft a common economic and foreign affairs policy.
He said even within few months of its formation, the Aam Aadmi Party created a new political culture in the country.
He said AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was eligible to become the Prime Minister, adding, his blessings and support would always be there for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?