Hosur court issues NBW against Chiranjeevi
Krishnagiri (TN): A court in Hosur on Wednesday issued a non bailable warrant against Telegu megastar and Congress leader Chiranjeevi for failing to appear in court in a case relating to alleged violation of election rules during campaigning in last year`s Assembly Elections.
The judicial magistrate court issued the warrant after he failed to appear in court for hearing today.
Police had registered a case against the actor, Congress candidate C Gopinath and four others for violation of election rules during the campaigning for the Congress candidate in Hosur in the district during the last Assembly Elections.
The four others had been regularly appearing in the court for hearing, while Chiranjeevi and Gopinath, now an MLA in Hosur had not made an appearance.
While posting the case to August 2, the judge issued an NBW against Chiranjeevi and Gopinath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends