Hosur court issues NBW against Chiranjeevi
Krishnagiri (TN): A court in Hosur on Wednesday issued a non bailable warrant against Telegu megastar and Congress leader Chiranjeevi for failing to appear in court in a case relating to alleged violation of election rules during campaigning in last year`s Assembly Elections.
The judicial magistrate court issued the warrant after he failed to appear in court for hearing today.
Police had registered a case against the actor, Congress candidate C Gopinath and four others for violation of election rules during the campaigning for the Congress candidate in Hosur in the district during the last Assembly Elections.
The four others had been regularly appearing in the court for hearing, while Chiranjeevi and Gopinath, now an MLA in Hosur had not made an appearance.
While posting the case to August 2, the judge issued an NBW against Chiranjeevi and Gopinath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond