HPF workers send letters signed with blood to PM, Sonia
Udhagamandalam: As part of their month-long
agitation seeking wage revision and revival of sick public
sector Hindustan Photo Films (HPF) here, around 800 of its
workers today sent letters signed with their blood to Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The signatories, including relatives of some of the
workers, were on relay fast for the last one month in front of
the HPF factory, demanding immediate wage revision, last
implemented in 1997, the agitators said.
To highlight their demands, the workers had organised
various forms of protest like door-to-door visit with begging
bowls and tonsuring their heads.
Intensifying the agitation, the workers wrote identical
letters and affixed their thumb impression with blood and sent
them by registered post to the prime minister, Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister M Karunanidhi and UPA chairperson, seeking
their immediate intervention in getting revised wages and also
necessary steps to revive the ailing company, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly