Husband throws acid on wife in Tamil Nadu
Namakkal (TN): Suspecting infidelity, a man threw acid on his wife, who suffered serious burn injuries, police said on Thursday.
The incident occurred yesterday after the couple had an heated argument, police said.
The woman, mother of three children, was at her parents` house. Her husband, a painter, went there and threw acid on her, police said.
The 27-year-old victim was admitted to a government hospital, police said, adding her condition was critical.
Police has arrested her husband and cases were registered against him under various sections of IPC, including 307 (attempt to murder).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company