Hyderabad blasts: Police conduct search in Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari: Police along with Intelligence Bureau officials in Sunday conducted search operations in some areas here on information that certain persons having links with the Hyderabad blasts had come to the seashore town.
The tip-off was received from Hyderabad Police and Intelligence agencies and search operations were conducted in select areas, police sources said.
"We got information that some of them are hiding here for escaping to nearby Kerala. We have tightened search operations in border areas as well as the sea coast and have made a request to fishermen also to be on the lookout for strangers and inform police," an official said.
The police team was led by Tuticorin District SP, Kannan, also in charge of Kanyakumari district, famous for the Vivekananda Rock Memorial.
There was flutter in areas thronged by pilgrims as police searched lodges and big hotels and other possible hideouts.
In Madurai city, officials conducted random checking of vehicles and tightened security around temples following a tip-off that shrines could face threat from terrorists.
Officials said teams had been formed to conduct random checking of vehicles.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan