Hyderabad blasts: Police conduct search in Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari: Police along with Intelligence Bureau officials in Sunday conducted search operations in some areas here on information that certain persons having links with the Hyderabad blasts had come to the seashore town.
The tip-off was received from Hyderabad Police and Intelligence agencies and search operations were conducted in select areas, police sources said.
"We got information that some of them are hiding here for escaping to nearby Kerala. We have tightened search operations in border areas as well as the sea coast and have made a request to fishermen also to be on the lookout for strangers and inform police," an official said.
The police team was led by Tuticorin District SP, Kannan, also in charge of Kanyakumari district, famous for the Vivekananda Rock Memorial.
There was flutter in areas thronged by pilgrims as police searched lodges and big hotels and other possible hideouts.
In Madurai city, officials conducted random checking of vehicles and tightened security around temples following a tip-off that shrines could face threat from terrorists.
Officials said teams had been formed to conduct random checking of vehicles.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days