I am extremely happy, I thank CM Amma: Perarivalan`s mother
Chennai: The mother of Perarivalan, a convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, on Wednesday said she was extremely happy about the Tamil Nadu government`s decision to release all convicts in the case.
"Yesterday, I was happy to some extent, today I am very happy. Amma [Jayalalithaa], is very considerate about the pain of another mother. She has put an end to my pain," Aruputhammal told a news agency.
Stating that she did not expect that her "pain would come to an end so soon" after the commutation of death sentence, she profusely thanked Jayalalithaa.
"I am waiting to meet the Chief Minister and personally express my gratitude to her,” she said.
The Tamil Nadu Government today decided to release all the seven convicts including Santhan, Murugan, Perarivalan, Nalini, serving life term in the assassination case, a day after the Supreme Court commuted death penalty of three convicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah