IAEA officials visit Koodankulam Plant
Chennai: A two-member team from the
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Monday visited the
controversial Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Department of
Atomic Energy (DAE) sources said.
The team visited the project site, located in Tirunelveli
district, along with a group of DAE officials, they said.
It was only a "regular visit" to the facility that has
been taking place from time to time, they added.
The commissioning of the KNPP has been delayed due to
agitations by protesters of the Plant who have raised
questions over its safety aspects.
Two expert committees formed by the Central and state governments have failed to break the impasse and a specially constituted panel by the
state government had yesterday virtually given a clean chit to
the Plant over the safety aspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!