IAEA officials visit Koodankulam Plant
Chennai: A two-member team from the
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Monday visited the
controversial Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Department of
Atomic Energy (DAE) sources said.
The team visited the project site, located in Tirunelveli
district, along with a group of DAE officials, they said.
It was only a "regular visit" to the facility that has
been taking place from time to time, they added.
The commissioning of the KNPP has been delayed due to
agitations by protesters of the Plant who have raised
questions over its safety aspects.
Two expert committees formed by the Central and state governments have failed to break the impasse and a specially constituted panel by the
state government had yesterday virtually given a clean chit to
the Plant over the safety aspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'