IAEA officials visit Koodankulam Plant
Chennai: A two-member team from the
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Monday visited the
controversial Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Department of
Atomic Energy (DAE) sources said.
The team visited the project site, located in Tirunelveli
district, along with a group of DAE officials, they said.
It was only a "regular visit" to the facility that has
been taking place from time to time, they added.
The commissioning of the KNPP has been delayed due to
agitations by protesters of the Plant who have raised
questions over its safety aspects.
Two expert committees formed by the Central and state governments have failed to break the impasse and a specially constituted panel by the
state government had yesterday virtually given a clean chit to
the Plant over the safety aspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan