IAEA officials visit Koodankulam Plant
Chennai: A two-member team from the
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Monday visited the
controversial Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Department of
Atomic Energy (DAE) sources said.
The team visited the project site, located in Tirunelveli
district, along with a group of DAE officials, they said.
It was only a "regular visit" to the facility that has
been taking place from time to time, they added.
The commissioning of the KNPP has been delayed due to
agitations by protesters of the Plant who have raised
questions over its safety aspects.
Two expert committees formed by the Central and state governments have failed to break the impasse and a specially constituted panel by the
state government had yesterday virtually given a clean chit to
the Plant over the safety aspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Mehbooba in Delhi, to meet PM Modi on Saturday
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners