IAEA officials visit Koodankulam Plant
Chennai: A two-member team from the
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Monday visited the
controversial Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Department of
Atomic Energy (DAE) sources said.
The team visited the project site, located in Tirunelveli
district, along with a group of DAE officials, they said.
It was only a "regular visit" to the facility that has
been taking place from time to time, they added.
The commissioning of the KNPP has been delayed due to
agitations by protesters of the Plant who have raised
questions over its safety aspects.
Two expert committees formed by the Central and state governments have failed to break the impasse and a specially constituted panel by the
state government had yesterday virtually given a clean chit to
the Plant over the safety aspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire