IB officer seeks Rs 25 lakh compensation for attack by police
Chennai: An Intelligence Bureau (IB) officer, who was allegedly assaulted by Tamil Nadu Police personnel, has moved the Madras High Court, seeking Rs 25 lakh compensation for the injuries he suffered.
Thirunavukkarasu, an Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO) with the IB, in his petition, referred to the June 11 incident, in which he was attacked by police personnel and sought the compensation.
When the matter came up for hearing yesterday, Justice KK Sasidharan ordered issue of notice to the government and the seven police personnel involved in the incident, returnable within six weeks.
A Special Sub Inspector was allegedly attacked by some persons, including the brother of the IB officer on June 10.
Thirunavukkarasu was attacked by a group of police personnel, despite showing his ID card, when police had gone there in connection with the previous night`s incident.
Thirunavukkarasu in his petition submitted that about 20 personnel entered his home and took him to the police station, where he was assaulted.
He further said even intervention of senior IB officers had not resulted in registering a case against the erring police personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed