Identification parade in German teenager sexual assault case
Chennai: An identification parade would be conducted to identify the accused in the case involving the alleged sexual assault of a teenaged German girl on an inter-state train on January 11.
"Following due process of law, the court will be moved and an identification parade will be held to pick out the accused involved in the case," Investigating officer, Government Railway Police Saravanan told a news agency.
The 18-year-old German girl was allegedly sexually assaulted on West Coast Express on the night of January 11 by 22-year-old Chandan Kumar, a native of Bihar.
Kumar, a carpenter by profession and working at a furniture store in suburban Kundrathur, was returning to Chennai after a visit to Mangalore.
The girl, a social worker, was on her way to the heritage town of Mamallapuram near here. She filed a complaint on January 13 after reaching Chennai, following which Kumar was arrested and remanded to judicial custody.
Saravanan said both the victim and accused underwent tests at a government hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive