Ilavarasan`s father moves HC seeking to transfer probe to SIT
Chennai: Father of Dalit youth Ilavarasan, whose marriage with a upper caste girl triggered large-scale violence in three villages of Dharmapuri district before he was found dead, has moved the Madras High Court seeking to transfer the probe into his son`s death to a Special Investigation Team.
Presently, the investigation is being conducted by the Special Investigating Officer in the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police, Harur.
The father, T Elango in his petition contended that the probe was "not fair and the police is trying to bury the case as suicide to appease the communal forces."
Referring to the opinion of the eminent Forensic Scientist Chandrasekharan, he submitted that his son was murdered and further found faults with the investigation process by the police.
Referring Chandrasekharan`s opinion that the surroundings of the place where his son died were not searched properly and no sniffer dog was brought to the scene of occurrence, he alleged that the authorities were trying to close the case of his son as suicide.
Describing the series of events in his petition, Elango prayed that the investigation by a fair and impartial agency would bring the facts and circumstances leading to the "murder" of Ilavarasan and sought the court to direct for the probe by a SIT, which includes a team of forensic experts constituted by the court.
The petition is expected to come for hearing tomorrow.
23-year-old Ilavarasan, whose marriage to upper caste girl Divya triggered anti-Dalit violence in three villages of Dharmapuri district in November last year, was found dead along the railway track on July 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’