Important decisions expected in DMK`s general council on Dec 1
Chennai: DMK`s General Council, the top policy-making body of the party, will meet here on December 1 to take several `important decisions`, party chief M Karunanidhi said today.
"DMK`s general council meeting is to take place at Kalaignar Arangam of Anna Arivalayam (party headquarters) on December 1. Many important decisions are to be taken," he told reporters here.
However, he did not elaborate on what sort of decisions would be taken at the meeting, scheduled to be held after the elections of five State Assemblies.
DMK, which snapped its ties with the Congress and quit the UPA over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue in March, later received its support for its candidate Kanimozhi in the Rajya Sabha polls in June.
Asked for his reaction to protests in Tamil Nadu against BJP leader Narendra Modi`s visit to the state later today, Karunanidhi said, "It`s common for any leader to get both welcome and opposition."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune