Important decisions expected in DMK`s general council on Dec 1
Chennai: DMK`s General Council, the top policy-making body of the party, will meet here on December 1 to take several `important decisions`, party chief M Karunanidhi said today.
"DMK`s general council meeting is to take place at Kalaignar Arangam of Anna Arivalayam (party headquarters) on December 1. Many important decisions are to be taken," he told reporters here.
However, he did not elaborate on what sort of decisions would be taken at the meeting, scheduled to be held after the elections of five State Assemblies.
DMK, which snapped its ties with the Congress and quit the UPA over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue in March, later received its support for its candidate Kanimozhi in the Rajya Sabha polls in June.
Asked for his reaction to protests in Tamil Nadu against BJP leader Narendra Modi`s visit to the state later today, Karunanidhi said, "It`s common for any leader to get both welcome and opposition."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi