Important decisions expected in DMK`s general council on Dec 1
Chennai: DMK`s General Council, the top policy-making body of the party, will meet here on December 1 to take several `important decisions`, party chief M Karunanidhi said today.
"DMK`s general council meeting is to take place at Kalaignar Arangam of Anna Arivalayam (party headquarters) on December 1. Many important decisions are to be taken," he told reporters here.
However, he did not elaborate on what sort of decisions would be taken at the meeting, scheduled to be held after the elections of five State Assemblies.
DMK, which snapped its ties with the Congress and quit the UPA over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue in March, later received its support for its candidate Kanimozhi in the Rajya Sabha polls in June.
Asked for his reaction to protests in Tamil Nadu against BJP leader Narendra Modi`s visit to the state later today, Karunanidhi said, "It`s common for any leader to get both welcome and opposition."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch