Important decisions expected in DMK`s general council on Dec 1
Chennai: DMK`s General Council, the top policy-making body of the party, will meet here on December 1 to take several `important decisions`, party chief M Karunanidhi said today.
"DMK`s general council meeting is to take place at Kalaignar Arangam of Anna Arivalayam (party headquarters) on December 1. Many important decisions are to be taken," he told reporters here.
However, he did not elaborate on what sort of decisions would be taken at the meeting, scheduled to be held after the elections of five State Assemblies.
DMK, which snapped its ties with the Congress and quit the UPA over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue in March, later received its support for its candidate Kanimozhi in the Rajya Sabha polls in June.
Asked for his reaction to protests in Tamil Nadu against BJP leader Narendra Modi`s visit to the state later today, Karunanidhi said, "It`s common for any leader to get both welcome and opposition."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!