In a shocker, 80-year-old woman raped in Tamil Nadu
Salem: In a shocking incident, an 80-year old woman was allegedly raped by a 41-year-old man following which she was admitted to a hospital in a serious condition.
The woman, a widow, is battling for life at a government hospital here, police said on Saturday.
The accused Palanivel, a vegetable vendor, of Malliyakari in the district was detained by the local people and handed over to police who arrested him and slapped a rape case.
According to police, the woman was living alone at Gopalapuram in Malliakari. Around midnight on Friday, Palanivel, who has two wives and four children, went to the victim`s house and asked for water, but she refused.
Suddenly, he forced his way into the house, allegedly raped her and bit her private parts.
Local residents called an ambulance and rushed the woman to Attur Government Hospital from where she was shifted to Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College Hospital here.
Doctors said the condition of the woman was critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days