In a shocker, 80-year-old woman raped in Tamil Nadu
Salem: In a shocking incident, an 80-year old woman was allegedly raped by a 41-year-old man following which she was admitted to a hospital in a serious condition.
The woman, a widow, is battling for life at a government hospital here, police said on Saturday.
The accused Palanivel, a vegetable vendor, of Malliyakari in the district was detained by the local people and handed over to police who arrested him and slapped a rape case.
According to police, the woman was living alone at Gopalapuram in Malliakari. Around midnight on Friday, Palanivel, who has two wives and four children, went to the victim`s house and asked for water, but she refused.
Suddenly, he forced his way into the house, allegedly raped her and bit her private parts.
Local residents called an ambulance and rushed the woman to Attur Government Hospital from where she was shifted to Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College Hospital here.
Doctors said the condition of the woman was critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range