Income ceiling limit for education assistance increased
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government on Friday announced an increase in the ceiling limit of certain communities, including Scheduled Tribes (ST), to avail education assistance.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa directed to increase the annual income ceiling limit of parents and guardians of students of Adi Dravida and Adi Dravida converted Christians and ST students from Rs one lakh to Rs two lakh.
This move would benefit those seeking education assistance after Class X and would be implemented in the current academic year itself, a state government release here said.
The government would incur an additional expense of Rs 34.83 lakh annually for this, it said.
Further, Jayalalithaa also recommended to the Centre to shift the `Nari Kurava`(Gypsies) to ST from Most Backward Class (MBC) since they share similarities to the community in terms of education, economic and other characteristics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?