Indefinite strike by fishermen ends in TN
Rameswaram: Fishermen on Saturday withdrew their 13 day indefinite strike protesting against fish traders forming a "cartel" and quoting very low price for their catch, after talks with the Fisheries Minister Jayapal.
Officials said they held talks with the minister early this week when it was agreed that they would get a fair price for the fish.
More than 600 boats put out to sea from this coastal town today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country