Indefinite strike by fishermen ends in TN
Rameswaram: Fishermen on Saturday withdrew their 13 day indefinite strike protesting against fish traders forming a "cartel" and quoting very low price for their catch, after talks with the Fisheries Minister Jayapal.
Officials said they held talks with the minister early this week when it was agreed that they would get a fair price for the fish.
More than 600 boats put out to sea from this coastal town today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman