Indefinite strike by fishermen ends in TN
Rameswaram: Fishermen on Saturday withdrew their 13 day indefinite strike protesting against fish traders forming a "cartel" and quoting very low price for their catch, after talks with the Fisheries Minister Jayapal.
Officials said they held talks with the minister early this week when it was agreed that they would get a fair price for the fish.
More than 600 boats put out to sea from this coastal town today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims