`India should back resolution against SL at UNHRC`
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi, whose
party MPs on Monday raised slogans in Parliament over the Sri
Lankan Tamils issue, today reiterated his demand that India
back the US-sponsored resolution against Sri Lanka for alleged
war crimes at the United Nations Human Rights Council.
Referring to political parties` demand in this regard in
Tamil Nadu, he said the Centre should support the resolution.
Leader of UPA`s key ally DMK, Karunanidhi had recently
asked New Delhi to declare India`s support to the resolution
at the UNHCR in Geneva.
During the Presidential address to the joint sitting of
Parliament today, DMK MPs had raised slogans demanding that
India back the resolution.
Asked if he would take up the matter with Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, Karunanidhi recalled that party MP TR Baalu
had already done so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj