`India should back resolution against SL at UNHRC`
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi, whose
party MPs on Monday raised slogans in Parliament over the Sri
Lankan Tamils issue, today reiterated his demand that India
back the US-sponsored resolution against Sri Lanka for alleged
war crimes at the United Nations Human Rights Council.
Referring to political parties` demand in this regard in
Tamil Nadu, he said the Centre should support the resolution.
Leader of UPA`s key ally DMK, Karunanidhi had recently
asked New Delhi to declare India`s support to the resolution
at the UNHCR in Geneva.
During the Presidential address to the joint sitting of
Parliament today, DMK MPs had raised slogans demanding that
India back the resolution.
Asked if he would take up the matter with Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, Karunanidhi recalled that party MP TR Baalu
had already done so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today