`India should back resolution against SL at UNHRC`
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi, whose
party MPs on Monday raised slogans in Parliament over the Sri
Lankan Tamils issue, today reiterated his demand that India
back the US-sponsored resolution against Sri Lanka for alleged
war crimes at the United Nations Human Rights Council.
Referring to political parties` demand in this regard in
Tamil Nadu, he said the Centre should support the resolution.
Leader of UPA`s key ally DMK, Karunanidhi had recently
asked New Delhi to declare India`s support to the resolution
at the UNHCR in Geneva.
During the Presidential address to the joint sitting of
Parliament today, DMK MPs had raised slogans demanding that
India back the resolution.
Asked if he would take up the matter with Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, Karunanidhi recalled that party MP TR Baalu
had already done so.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged