`India, US working together to ensure peace`
Chennai: India and the US are working across at all levels to advance peace and prosperity and bilateral military cooperation is part of this, a senior US consular officer said Friday.
"As part of the US-India Strategic Dialogue, our two countries are working across at all levels of government to advance peace, prosperity and stability around the globe. This includes bilateral military cooperation," US Consul General Jennifer A McIntyre said.
She was addressing officers of Coast Guards of India and US at the inauguration of a six-day Training on Maritime/Port Security Workshop at the Indian Coast Guard Eastern Region
Recalling the statement of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during her visit to the city a few months back, she said US and India were both `maritime powers,` and held key roles in ensuring safe and secure operations in Asia-Pacific.
Referring to today`s exercise between the two Coast Guards, she said they have had similar exchanges, "providing opportunities to discuss common goals and challenges."
"As part of the International Military Education and Training Programme (IMET), key military personnel from both our countries have shared ideas and exchanged best practices," she said, adding US was "proud" India had participated regularly in such exchanges.
She said the US Navy also made regular visits to India both for training as well as port calls in between missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das