Indian Coast Guard rescues five fishermen
Chennai: The Indian Coast Guard rescued five fishermen Saturday evening when they were struggling on the high seas after their boat developed a snag, officials said.
On receiving a message from the Tamil Nadu fisheries department in Tuticorin, the fishing boat was located 20 nautical miles off Manapad in Tuticorin district, the Coast Guard said in a statement.
The fishing boat Pushpa with five men on board had developed technical snag Dec 11.
The boat was towed back to shore by Coast Guard ship Naikidevi to Tuticorin, around 600 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan