Indian Navy is poised for 35 per cent growth in next 15 years
Chennai: Indian Navy is poised for a 35 per cent growth in the next 15 years, Ministry of Defence (Navy) Integrated Headquarters Chief Vice-Admiral B Kannan on Friday said.
"This would not only give ample opportunities to our industries to participate in the indigenous activities but also give them a chance to explore the emerging international market in our Maritime region", he said.
After construction of indigenous warships was taken up at Mazagaon Dock in Mumbai, he said more than 100 ships were built at various shipyards.
"We have more than 40 warships on order with various public and private shipyards and it has been our endeavour to progressively enhance their indigenous content", he said.
A senior government official said with the presence of several educational institutions providing courses on engineering and non-engineering across the State, Tamil Nadu was becoming a knowledge capital in the country.
"Tamil Nadu is eventually emerging as the knowledge capital and innovation hub. We have diverse range of educational institutions ranging from engineering, management and polytechnic institutes", State Higher Education department, Additional Chief Secretary, T S Sridhar said at a seminar organised by Confederation of Indian Industry here.
Noting that the country has a wide range of education institutes across several streams including technology, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, he said, "Tamil Nadu is well equipped to achieve all the goals enumerated in the Nation`s Vision for 2013."
Adequate infrastructure and Research facilties should be provided to support the growth in areas like nano-technology, defence research and maritime, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!