Infant abducted from government hospital in TN
Namakkal (TN): A three-day-old infant was allegedly abducted by a woman from the Government General Hospital here, police said on Wednesday.
The unidentified woman had taken the baby girl away last evening telling her grandmother that the doctor wanted to examine her and give a present, sources said.
However, the woman returned following which the family, hailing from neighbouring Tiruchirappalli district, lodged a complaint.
The baby was delivered by caesarian section on July 8.
Police were examining the CCTV camera footage to identify the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown