Inquiry ordered into death of SSI
Tirumayyam: An enquiry has been ordered into the death of a Special Sub Inspector, who was on duty near the helipad when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived to participate in a function here.
48-year-old Vasu, who died on Friday, had already undergone a bypass surgery and was not supposed to be put on tough jobs, police said.
He fainted while on duty and was rushed to the government hospital at Madurai, but died en route, they said.
DIG Amalraj ordered to enquiry to ascertain whether Vasu had volunteered to work or he was forced to work near the helipad, the sources said.
The Prime Minister had yesterday inaugurated BHEL`s power plant piping unit and Unit-II High Pressure Boiler Plant here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi