Inquiry ordered into death of SSI
Tirumayyam: An enquiry has been ordered into the death of a Special Sub Inspector, who was on duty near the helipad when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived to participate in a function here.
48-year-old Vasu, who died on Friday, had already undergone a bypass surgery and was not supposed to be put on tough jobs, police said.
He fainted while on duty and was rushed to the government hospital at Madurai, but died en route, they said.
DIG Amalraj ordered to enquiry to ascertain whether Vasu had volunteered to work or he was forced to work near the helipad, the sources said.
The Prime Minister had yesterday inaugurated BHEL`s power plant piping unit and Unit-II High Pressure Boiler Plant here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars