International presence at Chidambaram Natyanjali dance fest
Cuddalore (TN): The 33rd edition of the Natyanjali festival of dance got off to a glittering start in the hallowed precincts of the Lord Nataraja Temple at Chidambaram here, drawing a large number of devotees and connoisseurs of fine arts.
Dancers from across India and countries like the USA, Sri Lanka, France, Iran and Malaysia will be performing at the event, which will end on March 3.
Over 1,000 female and male artistes are participating in the five-day dance festival.
Classical dance forms like Bharata Natyam, Kuchipudi, Mohini Attam, Kathak, Odissi, Sattriya, Manipuri and Chhau Koodiyatam will be showcased at the festival.
A Sambandam, Secretary of the Natyanjali Trust, told PTI that only those above 18 years of age were eligible to stage solo performances at the event.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living