Internet protocol CCTVs at Meenakshi temple
Madurai: In a bid to make the famous Meenakshi temple in the city more secure, 32 Internet-Protocol
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras have been installed at every vantage point in the shrine.
The cameras, which were installed yesterday, would provide the temple with a "fool-proof security system" and would be monitored through two control rooms round the clock, Karmuthu Kannan, Chairman, Board of Trustees, said today.
Besides the CCTV cameras, one LED digital board, costing Rs 11 lakh has also been installed displaying the upcoming festivals of the temple along with the date and time, he said.
The CCTV cameras, which can be accessed through the Internet, would be provided with a face-recognition software shortly, he said, adding that while one control would be monitored by the temple security, the other would be monitored by the police.
The Meenakshi temple, famous for its sculptural beauty, grand halls and towers, is a popular tourist spot that attracts lakhs of visitors and devotees every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof