Internet protocol CCTVs at Meenakshi temple
Madurai: In a bid to make the famous Meenakshi temple in the city more secure, 32 Internet-Protocol
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras have been installed at every vantage point in the shrine.
The cameras, which were installed yesterday, would provide the temple with a "fool-proof security system" and would be monitored through two control rooms round the clock, Karmuthu Kannan, Chairman, Board of Trustees, said today.
Besides the CCTV cameras, one LED digital board, costing Rs 11 lakh has also been installed displaying the upcoming festivals of the temple along with the date and time, he said.
The CCTV cameras, which can be accessed through the Internet, would be provided with a face-recognition software shortly, he said, adding that while one control would be monitored by the temple security, the other would be monitored by the police.
The Meenakshi temple, famous for its sculptural beauty, grand halls and towers, is a popular tourist spot that attracts lakhs of visitors and devotees every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman