Internet protocol CCTVs at Meenakshi temple
Madurai: In a bid to make the famous Meenakshi temple in the city more secure, 32 Internet-Protocol
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras have been installed at every vantage point in the shrine.
The cameras, which were installed yesterday, would provide the temple with a "fool-proof security system" and would be monitored through two control rooms round the clock, Karmuthu Kannan, Chairman, Board of Trustees, said today.
Besides the CCTV cameras, one LED digital board, costing Rs 11 lakh has also been installed displaying the upcoming festivals of the temple along with the date and time, he said.
The CCTV cameras, which can be accessed through the Internet, would be provided with a face-recognition software shortly, he said, adding that while one control would be monitored by the temple security, the other would be monitored by the police.
The Meenakshi temple, famous for its sculptural beauty, grand halls and towers, is a popular tourist spot that attracts lakhs of visitors and devotees every year.
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule