Internet protocol CCTVs at Meenakshi temple
Madurai: In a bid to make the famous Meenakshi temple in the city more secure, 32 Internet-Protocol
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras have been installed at every vantage point in the shrine.
The cameras, which were installed yesterday, would provide the temple with a "fool-proof security system" and would be monitored through two control rooms round the clock, Karmuthu Kannan, Chairman, Board of Trustees, said today.
Besides the CCTV cameras, one LED digital board, costing Rs 11 lakh has also been installed displaying the upcoming festivals of the temple along with the date and time, he said.
The CCTV cameras, which can be accessed through the Internet, would be provided with a face-recognition software shortly, he said, adding that while one control would be monitored by the temple security, the other would be monitored by the police.
The Meenakshi temple, famous for its sculptural beauty, grand halls and towers, is a popular tourist spot that attracts lakhs of visitors and devotees every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next