Iranian national held for trying to exchange fake notes
Chennai: An Iranian woman was arrested on Tuesday
for allegedly trying to exchange fake Indian currency notes at
a shopping mall here, police said.
62-year-old Mortazavi Asraf was taken into custody after
a retailer from whom she bought some clothes informed the
police about the notes.
A total of 46 fake notes with a face value of Rs 23,000
were recovered from her possession, police said adding she had
come to Chennai early this month to undergo Yoga and
meditation classes at an Ashram here.
Police are ascertaining the source of the currency notes.
Last week, five persons from Jharkhand and West Bengal
were arrested in the city for possessing fake currency notes
and a Crime Branch-CID team had also arrested the key accused
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley