IT officials raid relative of Chiranjeevi
Chennai: Income Tax sleuths have conducted raids at the premises of a relative of actor-politician Chiranjeevi here, official sources said.
The raids were conducted at the residence of his businessman son-in-law Vishnu Prasad in a posh locality in the and I-T officials are learnt to have recovered cash running into a few crores, sources said.
Different teams of officials conducted raids at various property in the city belonging to Prasad, Chiranjeevi`s elder son-in-law and the raids which started on Friday went on till Saturday, sources added.
Meanwhile, Chiranjeevi, a Rajya Sabha member, has said he had nothing to do with the raids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday