It’s 91 % in +2 exam for Rajiv Gandhi’s assassin
Chennai: One of the inmates of the Vellore Central Prison, better known as an accused in the assassination of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, has come out with flying colours in Class 12 examination in Tamil Nadu with 91 % marks, reports said Tuesday.
AG Perarivalan, who was arrested by the CBI in 1991for helping in Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination by procuring a 9 volt battery that was used in making the bomb, was then a 19 years old student with a diploma in electronics and communication.
Perarivalan along with Murugan and Santhan is a death row convict who had sought a stay on their execution on the ground that the President had taken 11 years in deciding their mercy pleas after the apex court rejected their petition in August last year.
Perarivalan and Murugan had applied for Plus-2 examination to the Directorate of Education as private candidates. The Directorate of Education had granted them permission to take exam at the Vellore prison.
Perarivalan secured 1096 out of 1200 marks in +2 exams. Another convict Murugan has scored 983 marks and scored a centum in Commerce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state