It’s 91 % in +2 exam for Rajiv Gandhi’s assassin
Chennai: One of the inmates of the Vellore Central Prison, better known as an accused in the assassination of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, has come out with flying colours in Class 12 examination in Tamil Nadu with 91 % marks, reports said Tuesday.
AG Perarivalan, who was arrested by the CBI in 1991for helping in Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination by procuring a 9 volt battery that was used in making the bomb, was then a 19 years old student with a diploma in electronics and communication.
Perarivalan along with Murugan and Santhan is a death row convict who had sought a stay on their execution on the ground that the President had taken 11 years in deciding their mercy pleas after the apex court rejected their petition in August last year.
Perarivalan and Murugan had applied for Plus-2 examination to the Directorate of Education as private candidates. The Directorate of Education had granted them permission to take exam at the Vellore prison.
Perarivalan secured 1096 out of 1200 marks in +2 exams. Another convict Murugan has scored 983 marks and scored a centum in Commerce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...