IUML fields sitting MP in Vellore constituency
Chennai: DMK ally Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) on Monday renominated sitting MP Abdul Rahman for the Vellore Lok Sabha constituency in the April 24 elections.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the party`s high- level committee and he would contest on the party`s `Ladder` symbol this time, IUML state president K M Kader Mohideen was quoted as saying in a press release.
In the 2009 election, he had contested on DMK`s `Rising Sun` symbol.
DMK, heading the DPA in Tamil Nadu, has allotted Vellore constituency to IUML as part of the seat-sharing agreement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''