IUML fields sitting MP in Vellore constituency
Chennai: DMK ally Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) on Monday renominated sitting MP Abdul Rahman for the Vellore Lok Sabha constituency in the April 24 elections.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the party`s high- level committee and he would contest on the party`s `Ladder` symbol this time, IUML state president K M Kader Mohideen was quoted as saying in a press release.
In the 2009 election, he had contested on DMK`s `Rising Sun` symbol.
DMK, heading the DPA in Tamil Nadu, has allotted Vellore constituency to IUML as part of the seat-sharing agreement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- 48 hours on, Indian Air Force's AN 32 still untraceable; families of missing officials pray for good news
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat