IUML fields sitting MP in Vellore constituency
Chennai: DMK ally Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) on Monday renominated sitting MP Abdul Rahman for the Vellore Lok Sabha constituency in the April 24 elections.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the party`s high- level committee and he would contest on the party`s `Ladder` symbol this time, IUML state president K M Kader Mohideen was quoted as saying in a press release.
In the 2009 election, he had contested on DMK`s `Rising Sun` symbol.
DMK, heading the DPA in Tamil Nadu, has allotted Vellore constituency to IUML as part of the seat-sharing agreement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion