IUML fields sitting MP in Vellore constituency
Chennai: DMK ally Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) on Monday renominated sitting MP Abdul Rahman for the Vellore Lok Sabha constituency in the April 24 elections.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the party`s high- level committee and he would contest on the party`s `Ladder` symbol this time, IUML state president K M Kader Mohideen was quoted as saying in a press release.
In the 2009 election, he had contested on DMK`s `Rising Sun` symbol.
DMK, heading the DPA in Tamil Nadu, has allotted Vellore constituency to IUML as part of the seat-sharing agreement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990