IUML to contest LS polls with ally DMK
Chennai: DMK ally Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) on Wednesday said it would face the next Lok Sabha polls with the Dravidian party.
Talking to reporters here, IUML state president K M Kader Mohideen said that the party was part of the Congress-led UDF in Kerala and an ally of DMK in Tamil Nadu.
"IUML has been in DMK alliance and will continue to be in it," he said. Later, in a separate press statement, he said the party`s state unit would conduct a Jamaath integration conference in Tiruchirappalli on December 28 where a number of issues would be discussed.
One among them would be a call to "boycott fascist forces" during the elections, he said. Kader also slammed the AIADMK government on various issues, including price rise and the law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers