Jaya accuses Karuna of adopting double standards
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday charged her arch rival and DMK chief M Karunanidhi with adopting double standards on FDI issue and alleged he had by assuring DMK`s support to UPA in the wake of it approving FDI, extended his support to it.
Referring to his recent media interaction after Trinamool Congress pulled out of UPA following FDI in multi-brand retail and hike in diesel price, she recalled he had said his party does not act in haste on alliances.
"He had said DMK does not pull out in haste and only does if there is an ideological difference and that it upholds coalition dharma. (By saying so), he has clarified that he supports Centre`s decision on FDI," she said in a statement here.
Further, though he had extended DMK`s support to the September 20 bandh called by Opposition parties, the party "maintained silence that day," she said, adding, he had however, claimed in a statement that thousands of shops had downed shutters to "create an image as if DMK participated in the protest."
This was another instance of his "double standards," Jayalalithaa said, accusing him of adopting similar tactics on the Cauvery issue and the Kudankulam nuclear power project, which is in the midst of an anti-nuclear protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!