Jaya announces 7% DA hike for transport employees
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday announced a seven per cent hike in Dearness Allowance for transport employees, with effect from January 1 this year.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa made the announcement of increasing their DA from 58 to 65 per cent to benefit 1,19,764 employees of eight government transport corporations in the state.
The move will also help 41,520 pensioners and family pensioners, she said in a statement.
The increase would additionally cost the state exchequer Rs 10.55 crore monthly, she said, adding that the arrears would be paid in cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand