Jaya announces Rs 10 lakh reward to CA topper
Chennai: Lauding the achievement of the daughter of an auto-rickshaw driver from the state who topped the nationwide Chartered Accountant examinations, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced an award of Rs 10 lakh for her.
"I extend my hearty greetings to Prema, who hails from a poor family but has overcome hurdles to achieve the tall feat of clearing CA exams," Jayalalithaa said in a statement here.
With a view to honouring the Mumbai-based Prema, who has made the Tamil community `proud,` Jayalalithaa announced an incentive of Rs 10 lakh to her by the government and wished her all success in life and that she brought more laurels to the country.
DMK President M Karunanidhi and Union Minister and Congress leader G K Vassan have already announced cash rewards to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB