Jaya announces Rs 10 lakh reward to CA topper
Chennai: Lauding the achievement of the daughter of an auto-rickshaw driver from the state who topped the nationwide Chartered Accountant examinations, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced an award of Rs 10 lakh for her.
"I extend my hearty greetings to Prema, who hails from a poor family but has overcome hurdles to achieve the tall feat of clearing CA exams," Jayalalithaa said in a statement here.
With a view to honouring the Mumbai-based Prema, who has made the Tamil community `proud,` Jayalalithaa announced an incentive of Rs 10 lakh to her by the government and wished her all success in life and that she brought more laurels to the country.
DMK President M Karunanidhi and Union Minister and Congress leader G K Vassan have already announced cash rewards to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- BMW, Intel, Mobileye team up on self-driving cars
- India to get over $1 billion from World Bank for Modi's solar goals
- Boko Haram suicide bomber kills 11 at mosque in Cameroon
- EC seeks details from Delhi govt on facilities to 21 AAP MLAs
- We will get to learn a lot from Anil Kumble, says 'fan' Murali Vijay