Jaya announces Rs 10 lakh reward to CA topper
Chennai: Lauding the achievement of the daughter of an auto-rickshaw driver from the state who topped the nationwide Chartered Accountant examinations, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced an award of Rs 10 lakh for her.
"I extend my hearty greetings to Prema, who hails from a poor family but has overcome hurdles to achieve the tall feat of clearing CA exams," Jayalalithaa said in a statement here.
With a view to honouring the Mumbai-based Prema, who has made the Tamil community `proud,` Jayalalithaa announced an incentive of Rs 10 lakh to her by the government and wished her all success in life and that she brought more laurels to the country.
DMK President M Karunanidhi and Union Minister and Congress leader G K Vassan have already announced cash rewards to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future