Jaya announces Rs 10 lakh reward to CA topper
Chennai: Lauding the achievement of the daughter of an auto-rickshaw driver from the state who topped the nationwide Chartered Accountant examinations, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced an award of Rs 10 lakh for her.
"I extend my hearty greetings to Prema, who hails from a poor family but has overcome hurdles to achieve the tall feat of clearing CA exams," Jayalalithaa said in a statement here.
With a view to honouring the Mumbai-based Prema, who has made the Tamil community `proud,` Jayalalithaa announced an incentive of Rs 10 lakh to her by the government and wished her all success in life and that she brought more laurels to the country.
DMK President M Karunanidhi and Union Minister and Congress leader G K Vassan have already announced cash rewards to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says