Jaya announces Rs 3 cr worth initiatives in higher education
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Government on Saturday announced different initiatives in higher education sector, including setting up of Incumbation and Technology Transfer Centres in nine universities at a proposed expenditure of over Rs three crore.
Each of the Centres, which would enhance the entrepreneurial skills of students besides helping them with technological details, will be set up at a cost of Rs 29.88 lakh and come up in Madras university among others, an official release said.
Further, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has allocated Rs 1.35 crore towards setting up Soft Skill Centres in 30 constituent colleges affiliated to different institutions including University of Madras, Tiruvalluvar University and Madurai Kamaraj University, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...