Jaya announces setting up of Rs 93 cr engg coll
Chennai: A day after she embarked on a vision of taking the State GDP to 11 percent by 2023, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Friday announced setting up of an engineering college at a cost of Rs 93.64 crore enabling students in southern districts to have access to engineering courses.
The college at Bodinayakanur in Theni district would commence operations from this academic year and admit 300 students across various streams of engineering, an official release here said.
Jayalalithaa has issued the administrative sanction in this regard, it said.
Funds would be utilised to develop the infrastructure facility of the college including setting up of laboratories, hostels and purchase of computers, among others, it added.
After unveiling the Vision Tamil Nadu 2023 document yesterday, Jayalalithaa had said one of the single most important resources for the success of achieving `Vision 2023`, was the availability of skilled manpower in the state.
"Vision 2023 envisages training and equipping 20 million persons with skills over the next 11 years. I recognise the need to establish ten or more top of the league institutions as Centres of Excellence in various fields that will attract the best talents from across the globe", she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Munich gunman 'deranged', had no links to Islamic State: Police
- New protein helps scientists understand Alzheimer's disease
- Munich shooting had `obvious link` to Breivik: Police
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside
- After Gujarat, two Bihar Dalit youths thrashed, urinated upon: Watch shocking video